Super Food Berry Blast Smoothie Bowl!
Affiliate disclosure- This post contains affiliate links to products that I use. This means that I might receive a small commission if you make a purchase using any of my links below :)
I have a simple breakfast/brunch/whenever you really want recipe for you today. A simple smoothie bowl with lots of healthy ingredients and deliciousness to fuel your day and your body.
I always like to incorporate at least 2 or 3 super foods into my smoothies or smoothie bowls. This recipe contains a few great ingredients that I use a lot in my smoothies.
We have ground flax seeds. If you don't have this in your home I suggest you get some. They are great for getting lots of healthy Omega 3's into your body. There are claims that they can help fight heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and stroke. You have to make sure you are buying the ground ones though, if they aren't ground your body can't absorb the nutrients properly.
We have Kale. Kale is a super healthy food with lots of fiber, iron, and all kinds of other good vitamins and minerals. A lot of people don't love kale because as far as salads go it's one of the tougher greens. When it comes to smoothies Kale works great!
Ok so without further delay lets get to the recipe :)
Super Food Berry Blast Smoothie
High Protein - Vegan - Easy
- 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/2 Cup Kale (about one handful)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 Cup Plant Milk (I used Almond Milk)
- 1 Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
- 2-3 Pitted Medjool Dates
- Plant Based Protein Powder (Optional, and I only used 1/2 a scoop of Vanilla)
- 1 Banana Sliced
- Chia Seeds
- Hemp Seeds
1. Add all the smoothie ingredients in a high speed blender but only do about 3/4 cup of the almond milk. You want your smoothie to be really thick so try 3/4 a cup first and if you need more to get it blending add the remaining 1/4 cup.
2. After the ingredients are well blended transfer to a bowl and top with the bananas, granola and seeds. If you have other fruit or super foods of your own feel free to add those as well.
3. Admire your beautiful smoothie bowl, maybe take a pic, post to Instagram, tag me, and enjoy!
If you try this recipe please let me know your thoughts! Or if you have your own recipe I'd love to hear about it :)
Whats your favourite thing to put on a smoothie bowl?
Let me know!